Get Help to Live Independently and Stretch Your Money at Your Local ADRC

Contact us for a free, confidential consultation to get unbiased information about local resources for individuals ages 60 + and adults with disabilities. Your local ADRC (Aging and Disability Resource Center) staff knows how to help you find what you need to make decisions about independent living and your quality of life. 

Confidentially-at no cost, with no pressure. You make the decisions. 

Local Information, Personal Choice 

Review our comprehensive resources directories or set up a personal consultation to help find out what makes sense for you. Choose what you need to stay as independent as possible, as long as possible, while stretching your dollars as far as possible. Learn about options including: 
  • Healthy living 
  • Getting rides 
  • Benefit eligibility

Older couple on a park bench
People like you get answers at the ADRC 
Play video-9 minutes


Wondering About the Future of IRIS?

The 2015-17 state budget eliminates IRIS as a separate Medicaid Waiver program, and folds self-direction under the umbrella of managed care. However, the Department of Human Services (DHS) current must renew the current IRIS waiver—set to expire at the end of 2015— so the IRIS program can continue to run until (and if) it is replaced by the new system. Learn more.

Reauthorization Headed to the House of Representatives

The Older Americans Act Reauthorization of 2015 passed the U.S. Senate; now the House of Representatives needs to act. Reauthorization is an opportunity for Congress to update and renew its commitment to Older Americans Act programs and those they serve. Learn more.

Changes for Family Care & IRIS

The approved 2016-2017 budget brings changes for Family Care and IRIS. This summary from the Survival Coalition of Wisconsin Disability Organizations helps explain what that will mean for the programs and individual participants.