Helping a Loved One?

Know Your Options. Let's Talk.

Your job taking care of your loved one may be just beginning, or you may be at a point where you need to stop and take a break-just to rest and take care of yourself. If you are caring for a parent or loved one over sixty, or an adult with a disability, please contact your local ADRC or call 1-888-538-3031 for help and support. The consultation is free. 

Caregivers Provide All Kinds of Support

Maybe you don’t think of yourself as a caregiver, because “it’s not that bad yet.” But when the support you provide helps your parent or other loved one stay independent, you are already a caregiver. That sort of help includes: 
  • Calling regularly 
  • Providing rides 
  • Checking on medical concerns 
  • Helping pay bills 
  • Cleaning the home 
  • Handling yard work 
Maybe you're ready to consider an Adult Day program. No matter where you are on the caregiving path, you can get help at your local ADRC. 

Please note: If your loved one doesn’t live in Barron, Rusk or Washburn County, another ADRC will have information for you. 

Save Time, Money and Energy

We’ve done the research. You’ll get free, comprehensive, unbiased information and assistance from our staff and our Resource Directories on a full range of subjects, including: 
  • Health Insurance/Assistance
  • Caregiver Support Programs 
  • Adult Day Programs
  • Senior Centers/Senior Dining 
  • Medicaid/Medicare 
  • Food and Nutrition 
  • In-home Help/Home Care 
  • Home Repairs 
  • Memory Issues/Alzheimer’s/Dementia 
  • Vision 
  • Lifeline/Personal Emergency Response System 
  • Housing 
  • Transportation 
  • Social Security/SSI/Legal/Benefits 
  • Energy/Utility Assistance